Last night was the first time in AGES that I had the time and head space to carry on with my busy book.
It is Easter holidays in the UK and so the kids are off. But more importantly for us we launched our new business in January and over February and March – juggling three under 6 and managing our new enterprise has been a bit of a challenge. But back to the sewing – I digress!
Last night was a first for me I discovered how to apply bias binding tape to my pages. This is the tape I used.
In all honesty I had NO idea where to start so drum roll please …. Enter a quick YouTube search and I found this brilliant quick and easy to follow: Mitered corners with bias tape To be honest after a couple of watches I was off. Now I am a real beginner on this sewing journey but despite a few wonky stiches and ‘do-overs’ I managed to complete my first page!
The first one took me a good 45 mins but that was more me messing around and panicking at various points!!! 😃 but I managed to finish the next two pages within the same time frame. Not a bad nights works and reintroduction to my beloved busy book obsession!